[in chronological order]
- Lorch, B. "Xenophon's Socrates on Political Ambition and Political Philosophy." The Review of Politics. Vol. 72. Issue 2 2010.
- Pangle, T. "Socratic political philosophy in Xenophon's Symposium,"
American Journal of Political Science, Vol. 54, No. 1, Jan. 2010. 140-152.
- Faulkner, R. The Case for Greatness: honorable ambition and its critics. New Haven: Yale University Press. 2008.
- Faulkner, R. "Justice Over-ruled: the ambition of Xenophon's Cyrus the Great." In
Enlightening Revolutions, ed. S. Minkov. Lexington, 2006.
- Strauss, L. Xenophon's Socrates. St. Augustine Press. 2004 .
- Nadon, C.
Xenophon's Prince: Republic and Empire in the Cyropaedia, Berkeley: U. Cal Press, 2001.
- Buzetti, E. "The Rhetoric of Xenophon and the Treatment of Justice in the Memorabilia," Interpretation 29 (1) 2001: 6.
- Bartlett, R. "Xenophon's Symposium." In Xenophon's Shorter Socratic Writings, ed. Robert Bartlett. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell U. Press. 1996.
- Morrison, D. "Xenophon's Socrates on the Just and the Lawful." Ancient Philosophy 15: 329-477.
- Mueller-Goldingen, C. Untersuchungen zu Xenophons Kyrupädie. Stuttgart: Teubner. 1995.
Hiero in Leo Strauss On Tyranny, ed. Gourevitch, Roth Chicago: University of Chicago Press. corrected and expanded edition, 2013.
The Education of Cyrus, trans./ed. W. Ambler. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. 2001.
Xenophon's Anabasis of Cyrus trans./ed. W. Ambler. Ithaca: NY: Cornell University Press. 2008.
Xenophon's Memorabilia trans./ed. A. L. Bonnette. Ithaca: NY: Cornell University Press, 1994.
The Landmark Xenophon's Hellenika . trans./ed. R. B. Strassler, J. Marincola, D. Thomas. New York: Pantheon Books. 2009.
The Shorter Socratic Writings, trans./ed. R. Bartlett. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. 1996. Multimedia
- Xenophon on Justice, Violence and the Legitimacy of Law - A lecture by Dr. Gabriel Danzig of Bar-Ilan University, given during the Israeli Philosophy Association's 16th Annual Conference hosted at Bar- Ilan University on February 18, 2013.
- In the first of several episodes on Socrates, Peter discusses his portrayals in "The Clouds" of Aristophanes and in the works of the historian Xenophon. Size 16.8 MB, Time 20:25. Kings College London (iKings).
- Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss Xenophon, Thursday, May 26, 2011 for BBC radio.
- Lecture course of Leo Stauss at St. John's College, Annapolis, in 19 tapes. 1969-1970
- Lecture Course of Leo Strauss at the University of Chicago, Winter 1963
Xenophantis opera omnia ed. E. C. marchant. Oxford: Oxford Classical Library. 1900-1920.